Friday, 18 March 2011

Cardmadfairy's Digi Days #4 - Back to Nature

The latest challenge over at CARDMADFAIRY'S DIGI DAYS starts today the theme is 'Back to Nature' With spring just around the corner I'm enjoying getting my floral papers out and putting the odd flower in places where you might not expect them to be! Butterflies and trees with hearts, flowers and even cupcakes in amongst the branches seem to be in vogue at the moment so this is my take on it. The papers I used are by Dovecraft from the Sugar & Spice paper pack. The digi image is one of Jenni's this one is called 'Spring Tree' very pretty on its own or dressed up. To colour the image I used AquaMarkers they give a more watercolour effect rather than the ProMarkers which are a bit more solid in colour. It is the first time I have used them I do like the way they blend. If I remember correctly the stamp I used for the sentiment was a freebie from a craft magazine. There is a little bit of recycling too, the raffia came from the packaging of a candle.
Our sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous Bugaboo Stamps There are loads of fun digi images in store personally one of my favourites is JJ I have used her to great effect in the past and have my eye on a couple of other digi images.  Anyway the winner of challenge #3 will win 7 digis from Bugaboo Stamps thats a new image for every day of the week!

Thanks for visiting my wee blog I hope you will pop over to Cardmadfairy's Digi Days and have a look at what the rest of the DT came up with, hopefully you will feel inspired and join in with our 'Back to Nature' challenge.

Carol Ann xx
I am entering my card to the following challenges:
Alphabet - T for Trees
digi Doodle - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Use Flowers
The Creative Cottage - Spring has Sprung
Scrapbook Sisters - Spring Flowers
Karens Doodles - Spring

15 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card Carol Ann love what you have done with the tree.xxx

Elaine ♥ said...

What a beautiful tree Carol Ann... love the layout and its so bright and fresh :)

Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles this week :)

Elaine ♥

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

Karen said...

Gorgeous Carol Ann, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol Ann..

Gorgeous card, love what you have done with the tree, so pretty, beautiful colours throughout.

Thanks for joining us at AC.

Huggies Angel

Anne said...

Love the fresh clean look of this card Carol Anne
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage and Karen's Doodles this week
Anne x

Merry said...

This is such a lovely card....really like how you have added the flowers to the tree.

Anonymous said...

Lovely fresh colours and love the blossoms added to the tree.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Gillian said...

Hi Carol Ann thanks for your lovely comments. I love the way you have added the flowers to the tree, it gives it a real spring like feel. Hugs Gillian.

Deb Mitchell said...

Wow- this card is just so pretty & clever! Thank you for playing along ith Southern Girls

Hugz, Deb

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Carol Ann, love all the little flowers on your pretty tree!
hugs

Michelle Singer said...

Adorable card Carol Ann. Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls this fortnight. I really hope to see you again at our next challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!
Love this tree and the flowers on it!
Beautiful card!

karenw said...

stunning tree, i love the dimension added with the flowers.
thank s for playing with us at southern girls. x

Louise Emma said...

GRRR blogger takin ages to load! Lovely card hun xxx Am on my rounds of the blogs.... have hgad so little time lately have got all behind again....so sorry x