Sunday, 7 February 2010

A BIRTHDAY AND ANOTHER CHALLENGE

I had to make a card for my sister who has a birthday this week so decided to make it fit with the One Stop Craft Challenge (link on my side bar) Challenge #66 is  a colour challenge APPLE GREEN, CHOCOLATE and CLOTTED CREAM. 
The brown paper is Basic Gray 'Granola' the rubber stamp is 'Swimsuit Girl' by Lost Coast Designs. I used my promarkers to colour her hat and swimsuit and wrote over the top of the words and sentiment with a green metallic pen then drew faux stitching around the edge of the card. I threaded some green ribbon through the top of the lace, inked the edge of the stamped image and green mat with Jumbo Java by Versa Magic. Flower and pearls from my craft stash.

HUGS CAROL ANN XX
 

13 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

lovely card. I love the lace detail. Elaine

Faye said...

Carol Ann, this is beautiful. I love the lace and the "stitching" on your card. Say, I think that looks a bit like me! But I never had a swimsuit like that. LOL!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Carol Ann, love the image, faux stitching and the flower is gorgeous. I love the is colour combo too.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab card love the image. I've often wondered if it was my hat that made me look fat!

Chrissie said...

Just brilliant!
Thanks so much for joining us in our challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

gina g said...

Fabulous card love the pretty lace. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

great card hun.. love that image its fab lol

hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

Great fun card Carol Ann xx

chris said...

I'm so pleased that i'm not really fat and its just my hat thats doing it to me!!
this really made me smile I love the style tis perfect.
good luck in the draw love chris xx

chris said...

I'm so pleased that i'm not really fat and its just my hat thats doing it to me!!
this really made me smile I love the style tis perfect.
good luck in the draw love chris xx

chris said...

I'm so pleased that i'm not really fat and its just my hat thats doing it to me!!
this really made me smile I love the style tis perfect.
good luck in the draw love chris xx

Shelley said...

Great card, the image put a smile on my face. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC.
Hugs Shelley x

ju said...

Oh Fab card!!