Sunday, 19 September 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Over at ONE STITCH AT A TIME it's time for a new challenge this week it is tied in with Operation Write Home the Theme is "Happy Birthday" all the details about Operation Write Home is on the blog.
Our sponsor this challenge is JOANNA SHEEN you could win a £10 voucher to spend in her shop.

For the image on my card I have used "Bear with Sparkler" by Beary Dust from STITCHY BEAR & I DID IT CREATIONS CRAFTING BOUTIQUE the papers are My Minds Eye and the ribbons are from John Lewis I was lucky enough to get them in their summer sale. The pink ribbon I did by putting a strip of sticky tape down the middle of the larger ribbon and twisting and turning the ribbon as I stuck it to the sticky tape. Very simple to do and quite effective I think. The silver Butterfly was purchased from Crafty Emma's Store. I finished off the card by drawing freehand lines around the edge of the card.

There are a lot of fab birthday cards this week which the DT have created to give you some inspiration I hope you will pop over and have a look.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.

HUGS CAROL ANN XX

I am entering my card for the following Challenges:
STAMP SOMETHING - Use a Digi
STAMPIN' ROYALTY - Stitching Madness
CREATIVE BELLI BLOG - B-themed Embellishments
STAMPS R US - Childs Birthday Card
THE WILD FLOWER PATCH - Stripes
OOH LA LA CREATIONS - Stripes
DARING CARD MAKERS - Come Fly with Me
JUST CUTE BEARS - Punches
REALLY REASONABLE RIBBON - Inspiration Challenge

30 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card carol anne and really love this cool looking blog need to get mine revamped
liz xx

Josephine said...

That's just lovely! I love how you've done that ribbon too - it looks great!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carol Ann,
What a pretty card in lovely bright colours. I love the image - it's so cute.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dawn said...

Hi Carol Ann

It's been a while since I stpped by, this is just lovely, love the rouched ribbon - great idea!

Dawn

Lynda said...

A lovely card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Anita said...

Fabulous card with that cute little bear. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Carol Ann, a real cutie, hugs Jo xxx

Kat said...

What a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Kat x

Helen said...

This is so sweet - love what you've done with the ribbon!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!I Love that ribbon.So creative.thanks for joining us at stamps r us blog.

Wendi said...

What a lovely card lovely image and colouring
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Love crafts forever said...

Hi Carol, what a beautiful ribbon, very lovely card. Hugs, Nataliya.

Agnieszka M said...

Hi Carol, your card is very pretty, i love your ribbon.
Hugs,
Agnieszka

Gem said...

a great card Carol Ann, love that ruffled up ribbon, fab effect! :) X

chrissy xx said...

Gorgeous card. LOve the ribbon. This is one cute bear.
Chrissyxx

Berry said...

Such a cute image Carol Ann and what a fab colouring job you have done! Hugs Rebekah xx

Robin Parker said...

Love the DP and the image. Thanks for sharing at the belli challenge with your butterfly.

stitchy said...

Carol Ann, this is just adorable, once again :)...love that sparkler bear and that ribbon is to cool...


stitchy xoxox

Sarah said...

Such a pretty card, love the ribbon xxx

Laney said...

Super card Carol Ann..Love the way you have used your ribbon and that image is just too cute
hugs
laney

Marjo said...

Wonderful DT inspirational card Carol Ann. Love it!

Hugs, Marjo

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol Ann :-) this bear is juts soo cute and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Amanda said...

Great DT card Carol Ann, love the ribbon ruffle!

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Choccy said...

A beautiful card Carol Ann. Love the ribbon !

Choccy xx

Annie said...

such a cute teddy bear on your card! thanks for joining in with us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card is so cute, I couldn't help but smile when I saw it. You did a fantastic job with your coloring!

Betty said...

Great card Carol
Love your coloring in of the image, and your layout, its super duper.
Betty x x

Joan Ervin said...

Your little bear is sooo cute and I just love the scrunched ribbon along the side!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little bear is sooo cute and I just love the scrunched ribbon along the side!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!