Friday, 22 October 2010

SK8R BOY

This is my very first go at an easel card it's a birthday card for my nephew who has recently started skateboarding with his big brother. The image is a fabulous digi image by Jenni at CARD MAD FAIRYS CREATIONS called 'Joey' and it was only 99p a bargain!

I backed the easel card with some free paper I got a couple of years ago from a craft magazine. The paper has a distressed effect which I thought fitted. I then downloaded a Graffiti font from the web and typed some words to do with skateboarding which I had to look for on the web as I hadn't a clue! then printed it off on to the backing paper. Joey is coloured with my Pro-Markers cut out and stuck to the card with sticky pads. The skateboard on the bottom of the card was printed from the web then cut out and stuck down with foam pads to give a little height. I then printed a band of SK8R BOY using the same font as before. I finished off by inking around the edge of the card with black ink.

Carol Ann xx

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Stamp Something - Use a DIGI
Paper Sundaes - For Someone Little  (He is going to be 6)
Totally Papercrafts - Stick a Number on it!  6
Lots To Do - Easel or Shaped Cards

20 comments:

Doreen said...

This is great Carol-Ann,thats it now you won't stop making easel cards now.xxx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Carol-Ann.this is fab, your nephew will love it!! Love Steph

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carol Ann,
This is a fantastic boycard. I love all the technical terms you have used in the background. The image is just fabulous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Joey said...

Hi Carol Ann

fantastic card I love the style love the image too, thanks forjoining us tpc

Joey.xx

crafty creations said...

Fabulous card Carol Ann and I'm sure your nephew will love it

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo challenge again this week x Hilda

mommabear said...

Brilliant easel card and love the image and background xx
xx Thanks for shareing with us on LTD challenge this week Alison

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hun this is fantastic, he is gonna love it!
hugs shell xx

Anonymous said...

Great easel card Carol Ann - perfect for a boy - love your colouring, particularly his top and the wording behind is a brilliant touch.

cheryl said...

oh this is one gorgoues easel card and one super cute image too hugs cheryl xxx

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab easel card Carol Ann, I just love this design it's so versitile.

Alica said...

Fabulous! Great image and I love the grafiti background you created!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Zoechaos said...

Great card your young skater will love it! And a first well done no one would ever guess thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do xx Zoe

Crystal said...

Great card, my skateboarding son would love it! Thanks for playing along with our Paper Sundaes Challenge this week!

Mel X said...

Hiya CarolAnn, what a fabulous card and brilliant way to include a number!! Love the image and all that text in the background is just brill. He looks brilliant cut out and mounted like that.

Hope you well chuck.

Mel X

Jaqi said...

Cool card youre nephew is gonna be over the moon with this its fab

Neet said...

Fab card and I just love how you have done the background - very clever of you. Must sign up as a follower now.

Neet said...

Fab card and I just love how you have done the background - very clever of you. Must sign up as a follower now.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol Ann:-) The image is adorable and the papers and colours you used are fab :-) your nephew will love this !!

Thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Effie said...

Great card.

Merry said...

Brilliant card....love the graffiti writing on the wall.