Monday, 7 September 2009

An Autumnal Birthday Card.

This card was inspired by Kate Crane's Masterclass in the October Craft Stamper. I took it one stage further and used it on an old CD. I gave the CD three coats of Acryllic paint masked of the area I wanted to emboss with the bird and tree and stamped with black Stazon Ink using an Elusive Images stamp. The bird and tree is another Elusive Images stamp from a different set. I heat embossed them with copper embossing powder. I was pleasantly surprised when the CD did not break or melt when the heat gun was used. I coloured the area around the tree with some glimmer chalk. Coloured the bird with some ink pens, rubbed some Adirondack lettuce ink around the edge of the CD to give a bit of definition. To finish I pulled the petals of a prima flower to make some falling leaves. I mounted the CD on some brown card which has gold glimmer chalked worked into it. The background paper is a Basic Grey paper. The card was then finished off with some ribbon. The sentiment is still to be added.

12 comments:

Claireabelle said...

This is fabulous Carol Ann
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW This is amazing, it looks brilliant. What a lot of work. Hazelxox

DawnMarie said...

This is stunning Carol Ann, what a gorgeous gift! Beautiful. Dawn Marie.x

Wellnifty said...

Fabulous again,

Chris xx

Anonymous said...

This really is amazing, look totally fabbie.
well done you,
Hugs Angel

Unknown said...

This is stunning Carol Anne and what a fantastic way to use an old CD.

Joanne x

jackiescrafts said...

Wow this is amazing

hugs Jackie x

Faye said...

Carol Ann, what a beautiful work of art! I am amazed that the embossing worked without melting the CD. It looks great.

Allison said...

just gorgeous
AllisonX

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Carol ann, this is so gorgeous! what a fab idea!..I have some spare CD's..thanks for the inspiration. What a beaut blog & projects you have. Thank you for following my Blog. I have yours too!

Sweet Hugs
Lisa.xx

Jo said...

Beautiful!

EjayneC said...

How different is that, i love it very nice.
Jayne x