I have had a hankering to try some beading so I bought a book and read how it should be done. I decided to have a practice run I made a stylised flower with my favourite colours green and pink. I made up the design as I went along I know it show's but you have to start somewhere! The centre of the flower is a gorgeous green shell button. The beading is a bit iffy at the start but got a bit better by the time I finished. Rather than waste the practice piece I cut around the circle shape then used some glue around the edge to keep the material from fraying, cut out a round nestability shape and backed the beading on to it. I used some Blonde Moments paper on the front of the note book some green ribbon as a stem and leaves and knotted pink ribbon down the wire. I think I will keep practicing with the beading and see how it goes, once you get going it is really very relaxing not unlike sitting doing some cross stitch.
Sunday, 16 August 2009
Beaded Flower
I have had a hankering to try some beading so I bought a book and read how it should be done. I decided to have a practice run I made a stylised flower with my favourite colours green and pink. I made up the design as I went along I know it show's but you have to start somewhere! The centre of the flower is a gorgeous green shell button. The beading is a bit iffy at the start but got a bit better by the time I finished. Rather than waste the practice piece I cut around the circle shape then used some glue around the edge to keep the material from fraying, cut out a round nestability shape and backed the beading on to it. I used some Blonde Moments paper on the front of the note book some green ribbon as a stem and leaves and knotted pink ribbon down the wire. I think I will keep practicing with the beading and see how it goes, once you get going it is really very relaxing not unlike sitting doing some cross stitch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
This is a lovely first try at beading. I look forward to seeing more. Elaine
Ohhh lovely, first of many i hope. look forward to seeing more..
Hugs Angel
What a beautiful flower - you must have a great deal of patience!!!
Whoo Whos Clever? Fab!
I lost all my side bar links when changing my background yesterday ive been working non stop at it what a nightmare sorry I have not been over just listed my last card as off on holiday friday
Liz xx
Sooo pretty!
Hi Carol Ann,
I think your beadwork is beautiful. It must take a lot of time and patience. I have just found your blog and will follow with interest.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Gorgeous, love the beadwork
Chris xx
What a great flower, wish I had the patience for beading
Jackie
Its brilliant love the flower
LOVE the beading!!!
You Might ant to visit my blog ;)
I adore green and pink together too and your bead flower is fabulous.
So Beautiful work you have done!! I love the flower! =)
Post a Comment