Sunday, 9 August 2009

Altered Note Book

I found a piece of material in John Lewis which was meant for quilting. I loved the colours and although I'm not usually into fairies I liked the fairies used on the material so I bought it. Once I got it home I was not sure what I was going to do with it. I had been sewing beads on another project so decided to use beads on the material and make a little panel. I glued the beads on to the flowers with Glossy Accents. I also used Glossy Accents on some of the flowers and leaves to bring out the colour and give it a bit more luminosity . I used a few beads for the centre of the flowers. I then used Glossy Accents all over the fairy sprinkling some glitter on her wings. To finish the fairy panel I used Glossy Accents again on the cup and bee then added two satin butterfly's. I popped some paper flowers along the bottom of the note book then tied some purple, lilac and white ribbon down the wire to finish. It was a bit difficult to photograph but I think you will get the general idea.

Carol Ann

18 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Great initiative, it makes a very specila notebook. Elaine

Claireabelle said...

It's lovely Carol Ann
x

Anonymous said...

very pretty

Tracey said...

It's beautiful! XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol Ann.

woooo how pretty is this, this is exactly what you would make for the cj, see easy!!!!!
Well done you!!!
Hugs Angel

Carol Ann said...

Thank you for all your lovely comments x

Liz said...

oh Carol Anne how clever I love this and I love fairys too the beads are smashing
Liz xx

Sid said...

Love your notebook !

Unknown said...

This is stunning Carol Ann.

Hugs

Joanne x

jackiescrafts said...

wow Carol this is gorgeous

Jackie x

Tessmatt said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Carol, anyone would be proud to own such a book. xxx

Unknown said...

This is lovely Carol Ann

Angelnorth said...

Pretty! Love the texture from the fabric and all those beads look great, nice job!

Wellnifty said...

Gorgeous, love the fairy and all the beeds

Chris xx

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Carol Ann! x

DawnMarie said...

Your notebook is gorgeous Carol Ann, I love fairies. I will get a pic of my craft buys from Dublin and post it for you. Thank you for your kind comments, it means so much to me. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

ju said...

Lovely!

mommabear said...

Its beautiful Carol