This is my Mothers Day card for my Mum. This was one of those cards that anything that can go wrong more or less did. I hadn't planned on having ribbon on this card but my sentiment "just for you" did not come out well when I stamped it I had caught the edges of the stamp with the brown ink which I didn't notice so there were ink marks left around the sentiment. The centre flower I grunged up using ink and promarker pens to help blend in with the Paper Adventures paper but I don't particularly like the finished flower it didn't turn out quite how I had intended. I had bought nestabilities to use in my Cuttlebug when I was at the SECC last week but discovered they were not quite big enough for my new Sugar Nellie Fizz! stamp so her feet are cut off :) The double sided foam tape I bought on Friday was rubbish to use serves me right for going for a bargain. I just hope Mum likes it. I was going out to see her today and wanted to give her her card so I really couldn't start again. My Mum is just so lovely she will never say that she didn't like her card ...oh well I will just have to make an extra special card for her birthday in June!
Sunday, 15 March 2009
FOR MUM
This is my Mothers Day card for my Mum. This was one of those cards that anything that can go wrong more or less did. I hadn't planned on having ribbon on this card but my sentiment "just for you" did not come out well when I stamped it I had caught the edges of the stamp with the brown ink which I didn't notice so there were ink marks left around the sentiment. The centre flower I grunged up using ink and promarker pens to help blend in with the Paper Adventures paper but I don't particularly like the finished flower it didn't turn out quite how I had intended. I had bought nestabilities to use in my Cuttlebug when I was at the SECC last week but discovered they were not quite big enough for my new Sugar Nellie Fizz! stamp so her feet are cut off :) The double sided foam tape I bought on Friday was rubbish to use serves me right for going for a bargain. I just hope Mum likes it. I was going out to see her today and wanted to give her her card so I really couldn't start again. My Mum is just so lovely she will never say that she didn't like her card ...oh well I will just have to make an extra special card for her birthday in June!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
wow a super card, a beautiful creation, ribbon looks stunning,sue.x
It looks absolutely lovely!
Tracey x x x
the card looks great Carol, what are you so worried about, the colours all look lovely together, well done x x
It's horrible when things go wrong, but looks like this one came out well anyway :) Lovely colour combo.
Ab Fab Carol, she will LOVE it
Aww, it's sweet even if it was an uphill struggle! I really like the way the flower came out!
Suggestion for next time to keep her feet intact but still be able to use those Nesties - try turning it through 90 degrees so it's a diamond rather than a square. That would give you a bit extra height and she looks slim enough that she'd fit happily enough.
its a lovely card Carol. i would not have noticed about her feet as the ribbon hides it. i am always having to improvise, usually because my stamping is pants, but thats 'home made' for you. I'm sure your mum will love it
Post a Comment