Thursday, 5 March 2009

BEARY CUTE!


Over on the Crafting Corner Forum the theme for March altered CD swap is "cute". This is my interpretation. The base papers on the front and back are by Paper Adventures , Petite Blue Posies and Evening in the Garden. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss a strip of the Evening in the Garden paper and stuck it on top of the Petite Blue Posies paper I then wrapped some jade organza ribbon around, sticking the ends of the ribbon to the back of the paper. The "cute" part is my gorgeous new Dexter the Bear stamp by Sugar Nellie which arrived in the post this week from Funkykits in Elgin. Poor Dexter has a bit of a pink theme going on with his jumper! After cutting out the stamped image I rubbed around the edge of the image with scissors to soften it a bit. To finish the front I tore some circles out of the paper, chalked the edges and used a flutterby brad to hold it all together before sticking down then as a final flourish I added another flutterby and a sweet little dragonfly before drawing around the edge of the CD with a pen.
I like to cover the back of the CD because to me it just finishes it off. I have added a little pocket and tag with Beary Cute written on. I hope the ricipient will think that Dexter is as cute as I think he is!

Carol Ann x

6 comments:

rozzyb said...

Arrrhhh thank you sooo much for your lovely comments,its good that you have a favourite as its great to get other people opinions.
thanks so much for looking.

I love the idea of the altered Cd, it so cute. that is something I should try one day
hugs rozzy xxx

Elaine Stark said...

Good idea for old CDs, this looks great, I love the bear. Elaine

Hazel said...

Very cute indeed, Carol x

Anonymous said...

Wow, love your creation, so much to look at and fab idea with the CD

Marlene xx

Claireabelle said...

It's fantastic Carol Ann
x

devonmaid said...

Hmmm, seem to have seen that CD somewhere before he he he x