Friday, 18 February 2011

Cardmadfairy's Digi Days #2 - Distressing

The new challenge over at CARDMADFAIRY'S DIGI DAYS is DISTRESSING there is also a sponsor for this weeks challenge.
                          You could win 6 images from SKETCHING STAMPER DIGI STAMPS

For my own card I used two of Jenni's digi images 'Poppies' and 'Flower 1' the Poppies image was printed on card then distressed around the edges before inking with silver I coloured just a couple of areas on the black and white image. I then printed out the Flower 1 image twice in two sizes then cut out a large flower and a smaller flower for the inside of the larger flower. I used my trusted Promarkers to colour the flower added some pearls and a shell button. I cut out the second larger flower coloured and again used pearls but I only used three of the petals and placed them down the right side of the Poppies image. I embossed a piece of cordinations card with butterflies sanded and rubbed over with silver ink. Black lace was added down one side. To finish I added a sentiment 'Smile it makes people wonder what you've been up to!'

Carol Ann xx

I am entering my card for the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Fairy/Angel/Butterfly (embossed butterflies)
Digi Doodle - Anything Goes
The Creative Cottage - Fabulous Florals
Fab 'n' Funky - Make Your Own!
Simon Says Stamp! - Make Your Own Embellishment!
Bunny Zoe's - Spring ... Flowers Everywhere
Craft Your Passion - Use Pink
Incy Wincy - Colour Me Wonderful (markers & Ink)
Ohh La La Creations - For Someone Special

17 comments:

lalkygirl said...

stunning card ,love the shabby chic feel to the card and your details are awesome,love it
tracey x

lindyloo said...

Hello carol ann what a lovely card and wow love the big flower thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hugs linda x

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card that lace looks gorgeous and that flower is so pretty
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Merry said...

I so love the detail in this card Carol Ann...especially the way you have used the petals of the flower...so clever.

Lori Turner said...

Hi Carol! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week. I love that butterfly embossing folder you used and that big flower is to die for! WTG!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Tamara Morton said...

A very sassy card, gorgeous embellies. thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion this week.
Hugs
Tamara
http://poshcatcrafts.blogspot.com

Doreen said...

Fabulous card Doona I love the lace.Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Renee said...

What a cute card. Thanx so much for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again soon.
Renee DT

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion.

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love all the detail and the flowers are stunning thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Tamie said...

Love, Love, Love your flowers and the butterfly embossing folder is awesome. You have put a lot of detail into this cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty chicks.

Sharon said...

What a pretty card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again next time.
Hugs Sharon x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love that flower.
Thank you for joining in with us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Leanne said...

Nice Flowers, and the embossed butterflies, nice touch. Thanks for playing with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Jenni said...

See you've won a prize with this one Carol Ann - well done!!
Jenni x

Helen Laurence said...

Just been having a little nosey round your blog & this keeps jumping out at me. I LOVE IT!! The colours & everything ..its fab x x