Saturday, 27 November 2010

A MERRY CHRISTMAS OWL

Challenge #9 over at CRAFT YOUR DAYS AWAY this time is set by my fab Teamie Sarah. The theme for this challenge is TEXTURE.  Sarah would like to see some texture included on your project so what ever you choose to create must include as little or as much texture as you wish but it must have some texture to be included in the prize draw. Our GD for this challenge the lovely CLARE has created a fab Christmas card with lots of texture please pop over and visit Clare's blog there are lots of lovely creations to see and get inspiration from and remember if you would like the chance of a GD spot include 'GD' next to your name when entering the challenge.

For my card I have used a fab new Christmas image from Jenni at CARDMADFAIRY'S CARD CREATIONS this digi image is called 'Xmas Owl' isn't he just the cutest owl!  I created a textured panel using an embossing folder and colouring various areas with brown, red, green and orange pens then rubbing over the panel with a gold ink pad.  I used my ProMarkers to colour the owl then cut out, to finish  I added a couple of orange gems to his eyes. Other textures used are the hand made flower crumpled and inked, ribbon, lace and various punching.
This week you could win $10 to spend at our monthly sponsor 'Simon Says Stamp!' store just click on the blinkie to be taken there and see all the fab goodies on offer.

There is lots more inspiration over at CYDA from all the lovely DT and if you entered last week pop over and see if you won a top three spot or a GD spot.

EDITED - ALL OF JENNI'S CHRISTMAS IMAGES OVER AT CRAFTMADFAIRY ARE NOW REDUCED TO 50P!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

CAROL ANN XX

I am entering my card for the following challenges:
crafty Catz - Christmas
Crafty Creations - Christmas is Coming!
Inktegrity - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge - E for Embossing
Top Tip Tuesday - Layer upon Layer
Delicious Doodles - Celebrations
Pear Tree Designs - Colourful
Scrapbook Sisters - Let it Snow
Stampin' for the weekend - Winter
Artful INKables - Punches and/or Die Cuts!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the cutest owls I have seen - he looks great with his Christmas hat on :0)

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Carol Ann, I love that lil owl, he is so cute xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carol Ann,
Wow what fantastic textures you have created in this wonderful card. This is beautifully crafted.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Liz said...

Lots of lovely texture there Carol Anne!

Liz xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Awww he is just so sweet! Great card hun!
hugs shell xx

jackiescrafts said...

A great card Carol Ann I think your owl is cute

Hugs Jackie x

Unknown said...

Love that cute owl & the colours. Great card! Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Jenny said...

This is a super adorble card! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jenny said...

This is a super adorble card! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Clare Lloyd said...

Great textures on your card and fab colours too! Thanks for joining us @ PTD this week. Good Luck. x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Carol Ann
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol-Ann.

Ahhhhh how cute is he, with his little hat.
Great card hun,
Huggies Angel

Spyder said...

he's really cute!

(lyn)

Saskia said...

Lovely card, so cute!!!

Great to see your work at Delicious Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Anonymous said...

Cute owl.Love all the texture and colour.Lots of detail too.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Suzanne said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

mckinkle said...

Super card and I love his bejewelled eyes! They look like amber!

Thanks for joining us this week on our 2nd challenge at Delicious Doodles!

Keryn x

Anita Bownds said...

wow lovely card ,i love colours ...Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog!! Hugs!..Anita

Donna said...

Awww..that little owl is adorable, and I love his eyes! Gorgeous card Carol Ann.
Donna x

Lesley said...

Hi Carol Ann, fab card, I love the owl! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Sharon said...

Sweet card, love the cute owl.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

Amanda said...

Great card Carol Ann and I love the cute owl digi

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

crafty amy said...

That little owl is adorable! I love the gem eyes :D
Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx