Sunday, 7 March 2010

MAGICAL CRAFTS CHALLENGE # 10

THINGS WITH WINGS

We would like to see wings on your projects be they fairies, angels, butterflies, dragons, dragonflies, birds, bugs etc ... if it's got wings then that's ok !!

This week we are kindly being sponsored by our monthly sponsor Simon Says Stamp The winner will get $10 to spend in the Simon Says Stamp shop, and Heidi will even pay your p&p so you will have the full $10 to spend. Remember you can use any craft, not just papercrafts as long as you stick to the challenge theme.


For this challenge I decided to alter a photo frame. The frame was blue and pine when I bought it so I rubbed some silver ink over the frame to take down some of the pine. I made the flowers from silver foil and shell buttons, the main butterfly I stuck onto some scrap paper and cut out before using scissors to shape the wings. To finish, I placed some smaller butterfly's and dragonfly's around the frame before adding  the 'friends' rub on.

Visit the Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge blog and see what the other DT members have created, hopefully you will be inspired to join in the 'Things with Wings' challenge.

CAROL ANN XX

7 comments:

Liz said...

Thiswas a bit of inspiration Caro; Anne its jst beautiful and greatto show off your beautiful children great work once more

Liz xx

jackiescrafts said...

Love your altered frame Carol Ann

Hugs Jackie x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carol Ann,
This is a beautiful picture frame. Ilove the embellies, particularly the large butterfly but everything is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Donna said...

I love the colour of this frame Carol Ann, and those flowers you made are so sweet! Love it.
Hugs, Donna x

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic Carol Ann - I love how creative you have been with the flowers and the overall effect is stunning. A brilliant project.

Hugs
Shelly x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

oh hun its gorgeous...really really pretty

hugs shell xx

Simone said...

Oooh, this is spectacular! I love your little work of art!
Simone