Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Lots of Spots and Dots

This is my first Thank You card of the season. I followed a tutorial on the Cuttlebug Challenges blog which used the Spots & Dots folder. On the tutorial she wet embossed the spots & dots. I had a go at it and found that as my embossing powder is quite old it did not stick to all the surfaces evenly however I still quite liked the effect so stuck with it. For my peice of embossed card I coloured in the middle of the circles with pink or lilac metalic pen. I wrapped some pink and white spotted ribbon around the embossed card and embelished. The "thanks" was cut using my Cuttlebug and the With Gratitude embossing and cutting folder. I then layered on to a square card I have covered with Papermania paper. I then finished off by drawing a line on all four sides of the card with the lilac metalic pen. The card itself looks better in real life as the ribbon blends much better without the flash light of the camera causing the ribbon to "mirror" the flash.

1 comment:

SueF said...

That's a lovely effect with the embossing Carol, it looks nice and sparkly

Happy New Year,

Sue