Friday, 2 September 2011

Cardmadfairys Digi Days - Add Some Flowers

The new challenge over at CARDMADFAIRYS DIGI DAYS this week is "Add Some Flowers" for my own card I used one of Jenni's digis from Cardmadfairy's Card Creations called Birdie.  I decided it was time to at least start thinking about cards for Christmas so 'Birdie' turned into a Robin! The digi was printed out on to watercolour paper I used watercolour pencils to colour the robin then cut him out. I have used a paper from Tim Holtz and stamped a greeting in gold ink although the camera has bleached it out a bit. I added a flower before finishing off by inking the edge of the card with brown ink. A very simple card but quite effective.

Carol Ann xx

I'm entering my card to the follow challenge:
Crafters Companion - Christmas Wishes
Divas by Design - Christmas in August
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carol Ann,
I love the background and the simple layout on this card. The image is gorgeous. I think this card is very effective.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Canne said...

The background is fabulous and I love the colouring of the bird it looks so goood!

Merry said...

This is such a lovely card Carol Ann....love the way you have added the flower.

uksharon said...

Great less is more Christmas card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafters Companion this month.
Best wishes, Sharon

Gillian said...

Love the simplicity of this card Carol Ann. The bird looks great and the flower really stands out. Hugs Gillian x

Liz McGuire, said...

Love your fat robin! Cool card,

Liz x

donna said...

Lovely card. Your bird is very sweet. Thanks for following my blog. I will be following yours. cheers..Donna

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful! Love the birdie! Kim

paper fun said...

Very lovely.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Donna said...

Beautiful card Carol Ann, fab image and beautiful papers :) Donna ♥ x