Sunday, 18 October 2009

FOR A FORUM FRIEND

I made a little wall hanging for a forum friend. To make the hanging I altered an old CD. Believe it or not CD's are almost indestructible as far as heat guns are concerned. I painted over the CD with Wild Plum acrylic paint dried it with the heat gun then went around the edge with some Shell Pink acrylic paint then dried that. I then put a couple of coats of embossing powder and yes used the heat gun again! The middle of the hanging was cut from Memory Box paper and edged with copper ink. The image in the middle is a stamp from Crafty Individuals "Friends" I added colour to the image using various Promarkers then edged with copper ink. To finish I added pink ribbon.

Carol Ann x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol Ann.

This is just adorable hun.
The image looks stunning...
Hugs Angel

DawnMarie said...

Wow what a great gift Carol Ann. I'm sure your friend will love it. Dawn Marie.xx

Liz said...

very nice well done

liz xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love CI stamps. Must have a go with an altered cd. Well done you. S xxx

Louise Emma said...

Oh that is fab Carol Ann, your forum friend will adore it x

jackiescrafts said...

Wow Carol Ann this is just beautiful, I'm sure it will be treasured by the recipient

Hugs Jackie

strawberry fields said...

this is fabulous!
fiona x

Tracey said...

That's beautiful! XXX

iReneM said...

This is lovely, Carol Ann.
All your work on this has really paid off and it is a smashing gift for your friend.

x