Monday, 31 May 2010

MAGICAL CRAFTS CHALLENGE # 16

Challenge #16 over at MAGICAL CRAFTS is 'Metal Madness' we would like to see metal on your project or you can make your project out of metal, use metallic card anything as long as there is metal involved somewhere on your project. Our sponsor for challenge #16 is SIMON SAYS STAMP! pop over to  Magical Crafts to find out all the details. The DT have come up with some great inspiration for the challenge.

 My card was made especially for my Hubby who is into birds. The image is from tiffany doodles a fabulous site for digi images Tiffany is one very talented lady.  It is a very simple card I did not want to detract from the digi image so have left it black and white. I have had the papers for a year or two I have lost the front sheet of the paper pack and can't remember who the paper is by but it is a set of papers I have used many times before.  The metal is a strip of light aluminium from an old embossing kit I ran it through my cuttlebug using one of the cuttlebug embossing folders.
I hope you will have a look at the projects the other DT members have created there are some great ideas!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

CAROL ANN XX

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my Carol Ann!! I just LOVE the way you used this digi!! and the metal effect!! I'm so proud!! =) Please do come back by!! Oh and be sure to add it to the flickr gallery!! http://www.flickr.com/groups/1358103@N25/
Thank you so much for sending me a link to this!! Much appreciated!!

Max said...

Really eyecatching card Carol Ann. Love the embossed metal behind the image.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

PS: I'm pretty sure the paper is from Dovecraft by Kate Knight.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun I love it...such a gorgeous card

hugs shell xxx

Elaine Stark said...

I love this simple card, it makes the image stand out. Your metal stripe is a great touch. Elaine

Sarah said...

I love this card, it's stunning, the image is so detailed and I love your embossed metal xxx

Lesley said...

Fab card Carol Ann, we are birdwatchers too and the image is great xx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Carol-Ann, thsi is gorgeous, have just been upto your part of the world, well Dunfermline and we had a fabby few day, hope you are okay hun, lots of love Steph

Kathryn said...

Carol,
I am also a bird fan, especially of wrens, and this card is so beautiful and classy!

Thank you for sharing!

Have a great day,
--Kathryn
http://kitchentablecrafter.blogspot.com

Spyder said...

Lovely card, love the papers you've used with it
(lyn)

Louise Emma said...

Hey hun, just getting round to catching up on all the blogging stuff that has happened since I have been on holiday! Everyone seems to have been making loadsa cards in the sunshine! Fab work as always x Well done x Big hugs for you xxxxx

Annika said...

The detail on that image is just unreal! Gorgeous card, love the simple elegant layout and monochromatic scheme.
Hugs
Annika

Allison said...

fabulous card and image
AllisonX

Annette Bowes said...

Perfect! Beautiful card, my hubby would love this too! Take CareX:)