I love buttons! I spend quite a bit of my lunch hours walking around John Lewis's haberdashery department. They have some gorgeous buttons but at a price. They have buttons made to look like wood, someone has put a bit of glaze over the top and stuck two or three beads in the middle, they cost around £3 for one button. After looking at them for the last week I decided I could make a similar button. The buttons on the left are almost identical to the fancy buttons I saw in Lewis they cost around 30p (before they have been glazed) The top button I embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Luster Embossing Powder the colour is Sunrise Pink. I gave it about three layers putting on some little purple seed beads in the last layer. The Lustre has a lot of gold in it aswell as the pink but it hasn't shown up in the photo very well. For the bottom button I embossed with Clear Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals. I then embossed over the top with Moon Glow Two Toned Embossing Powder, Weeping Willow / Green Gold on one side of the button and Spring Leaf / Chartreuse on the other. While the embossing powder was still hot I stamped the button with a little Whispers flower stamp inked up with blue pigment ink. Again the photo does not do it justice it's much prettier in real life.If like me you like buttons why not have a go and see what you can up with!
6 comments:
Great idea Carol. I have done this with brads before but never thought of button. Wonderful idea!
love Dingle.x
Fantastic idea!
Love Tracey xxx
these are stunning Carol. I must have a try at something like this
Love button too, must give it a try!x
What fun! I would like to paint buttons, but it's hard to find wooden ones to do it on!
Love these buttons, will have to have a go at altering some of the buttons I bought in Oxfam this week - got a bagful for 2 quid, definitely a bargain!
Jenni x
Post a Comment